Seven, in Biblical terms, represents the number of completion. As of today, Jonathan and I have been married for seven years. (To some this is a high number, to others it is low.) We dearly hope it's not the last year because it just keeps gettin' better. ;) This past year, in particular, has just been a really fun ride though not without it's moments of hardship.
Last year I told you the story of our relationship through a series of songs. This year, taking a cue from a friend of mine who recently did something like this, I'll tell you seven things that I really love about Jonathan.
1. He loves God. With all of his heart. When we've hit a rough spot or find ourselves "with a situation on our hands" that needs dealing with us, he always seeks guidance in scripture, through prayer, and godly counsel.
2. He corrects me when I need to be corrected. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate this. I'm a pretty strong willed individual and have been told I'm intimidating. (I don't see it.) When you have a personality like mine, you really need (and really value) people who aren't afraid to get in your face and make you listen to them. He is iron - willing to sharpen iron even when it doesn't seem like much fun. He calls me on the carpet and challenges me. (Which is why I had to marry him, you know.)
3. He is a reader. (Don't roll your eyes.) Non-readers are nice people. I cannot deny this. ;) However, I couldn't have married one because I think that there is great value in spending time in stories and books that instruct and inspire. You grow in wisdom and maturity when you read - if you seriously apply yourself. I love it that he reads.
4. He has a very strong work ethic.
5. He's a family man. The other day Bookworm1 informed me in a forlorn manner that Daddy loved ME better than anyone else - even the bookworms. I smiled and said, "Well, you got that right!" He loves me very much and our kids know it. Through that they can know he loves them also.
6. The word "project" doesn't scare him. (Well . . .) He likes doing, creating and trying new things all of the time. We get into more messes with our "projects" (although we're getting better about discerning what a good project may or may not be for our family) but we rather enjoy the adventures. It always feels like something new is happening around here. I like that very much!
7. He is extraordinarily self-disciplined. He is hard to sidetrack when he has a goal in mind. He is focused and determined to make things work.
And best yet? He is mine! :) I love him for all of these things and more.
Happy Anniversary to the most fantastic husband and best friend that I could have ever dreamed up! I'm quite blessed to be your wife. I love you, Jonathan!