It's time for the second annual L.M. Montgomery Reading Challenge here at Reading to Know. I've been eagerly anticipating the start of this challenge. Last year I spent a lot of time reading and learning about Montgomery herself, so this year I'm happy in the thought of spending time with her characters.
I STILL haven't decided exactly which books of hers I'll be re-reading, although I have gotten started with Jane of Lantern Hill. We'll see where I go from there.
Now, what do you need to do to be a part of this challenge? Well, I like to keep things simple so here are the basic "rules":
1. Pick the Montgomery book (or books!) that you most want to read and then read them during the first few weeks of January. **NOTE: I decided against using Mr. Linky for a variety of reasons. One very big reason you'll discover below. Just leave a comment below with a link to your introductory blog post and we'll call it good.** Your introductory blog post does not need to be excessively long or grand. You merely need to create a blog post saying, "I'm in!" and link it up here in the comment section. If you'd like to say which books of Montgomery's you plan on reading during the challenge, do so then! There are a great many to choose from.
Here is the button code, if you'd like it:
<a href="http://www.readingtoknow.com/2009/12/lm-montgomery-reading-challenge-2010.html"><img alt="L. M. Montgomery Reading Challenge" src="http://www.bluecastlephoto.com/misc/lmm-challenge.gif" border="0" /></a>
2. Come back on Sunday, January 31, 2009 and leave a comment "linking up" to however many Montgomery related reviews/posts you like.
3. Visit around and get to know the other people who are participating in the challenge and read about what books they've involved themselves with. Be friendly! =)
I mentioned the other day that I had a really fun giveaway to host in conjunction with this challenge and I'm excited to share it with you know. I purchased the following Sterling Silver Oval Shaped Locket to give away to one of you:
Isn't it beautiful? Anne (and Lucy Maud) loved beautiful things and this locket just makes me smile. So one of you will win the locket AND a chain for it. Typically I keep my contests around here nice and easy but this one is going to take a little bit more work because, well, I think it's worth it.
How can you win this beautiful locket?
1. You can sign up to participate in the L.M. Montgomery Reading Challenge. As a reminder of how to do this - you create a blog post linking back to this one from your site. You don't have to write up a long post. Just something that indicates that you intend to participate in this challenge. By signing up and leaving a comment below, you'll gain one entry.
2. For every post/review you write up about this challenge during the month of January, you can come back and leave a comment on THIS POST to gain an extra entry. The more you "play" the greater your chances, essentially! =)
Any or all of these will gain you extra entries for this contest.
Yes, I intend to be a bit stricter with this contest but it's a gorgeous locket, I bought it, and I'm making the rules. ;D haha. And trust me, I'm perfectly DELIGHTED to be able to gift one of you with it with my best blessings attached!
**This contest will be open throughout the contest, ending on Sunday, January 31st. The contest will open for U.S. residents and Canadians only. Can't leave out the Canadians on a challenge, uh, such as this one!**
So go forth - make some new literary friends and maybe, just perhaps, you'll receive a beautiful gift as a further reward for your reading progress!
Most importantly - HAVE FUN!