Friday, April 16, 2010
Friday Five Favs
Thanks, as always, to Suzanne at Living to Tell the Story for hosting!
Five Remarkable Things About this Week:
1. We survived it. (That's always something to be thankful for, right?) At times it felt long, but we made it through. And now it's Friday!
2. We had many days of sunny, beautiful weather (and very short cloud bursts) which meant we made it out in the yard more. We played hide-and-seek in between the trees and sat in chairs and just enjoyed the weather. We attempted to introduce the concept of soccer but that failed kinda miserably (i.e., one of us - not naming names, of course - erupted into screams over the thought that we weren't supposed to actually touch the ball with our hands but were supposed to kick it with our feet.) We played catch instead. With a soccer ball. But hey! We played it outside which was the point.
3. We had a date night out! Jonathan took me to see the new Alice in Wonderland movie and then we went out to dinner afterward. It's always fun to have a night out. You know - a dinner where you only have to worry about feeding yourself. Amazing, that!
4. Last weekend we had some friends come in from out-of-town to spend a few days with us and Bookworm1 made a new friend.
Our friends' little girl can READ which was a hugely fascinating deal to Bookworm1. He adored her and was happy to follow her around and do anything that she suggested might be fun. Adoration is hardly the word to use but it comes as close as I think I can possibly get. When he was informed that it was time for his friends to go home again he replied, "Oh. That's sad." His chin fell into his palm and he looked glum. Yes, son, all good things must come to an end.
5. We had dinner with some friends this week and she made a rather remarkable angel food cake. I can't say that I'm a huge fan of angel food cake as a general rule, typically finding it to be dry and sponge-like. However, hers was moist and flavorful and, somewhat unfortunately, there are leftovers in our kitchen! SOMEwhat unfortunate. But not all the way. ;) (Delicious!) The conversation was pretty fun as well. Heh.
Considering my fascination with Youtube music vidoes, you know there's no way I'm leaving you without a song so here's the theme of the week which my friend Sky pointed out to me (and it's been stuck in my head) - which is probably what makes it my theme. It just keeps replaying itself in my mind. So now, of course, I feel compelled to stick it in yours.
Wishing you a beautiful, beautiful weekend!