It's time, it's time! Time for the second annual Chronicles of Narnia Reading Challenge.
The goal? To spend the month of July reading as much about Narnia as possible. You have the whole month to read individual stories in The Chronicles of Narnia or to watch the movies, listen to audio books or read books about Narnia or C.S. Lewis. Whatever you have the time to do, I invite you to do. As you proceed through this Challenge, write up various posts about what you have read or your thoughts and impressions. On Friday, July 29th we will conclude the challenge and at that time I will invite you to share your posts with us.
If you are participating in this challenge, please leave a comment below stating as much, and then feel free to add my Reading Challenge badge to your own post or blog sidebar with the following code:
<a href="http://www.readingtoknow.com/2011/07/chronicles-of-narnia-reading-challenge.html"><img alt="Chronicles of Narnia Reading Challenge" src="http://www.bluecastlephoto.com/misc/chronicles-of-narnia.gif" border="0" /></a>
An introductory post in which you share your goals for the month is highly recommended and encouraged. Let the journey begin!
In the meantime, last week I offered a Narnia quiz giveaway for a copy of Knowing Aslan. The winners of that mini challenge were:
#8 - Melinda
#12 - Bekahcubed
Congrats ladies! (If you haven't received an e-mail about this from me yet, feel free to e-mail me!)
Here are the questions posed, along the answers:
- Who wrote the Narnia books? C.S. Lewis
- Was Trumpkin a dwarf, a faun or a mouse? A dwarf
- At the beginning of The Magician's Nephew, who climbs over the wall into Polly's back garden? Digory
- According to Puddleglum in The Silver Chair, are giants good shots at throwing things? No.
- In The Horse and His Boy, what is the first talking animal Shasta meets in Narnia: an owl, a badger or a hedgehog? A hedgehog
- In which book is there a Sunless Sea deep underground and a prince under a spell? The Silver Chair
- What item did Mr. Beaver show the children to prove that he knew Mr. Tumnus? Lucy's Handkerchief
- What was the strange name of Jill and Eustace's school, mentioned in The Silver Chair? Experiment House
- Who received a new sewing machine from Father Christmas? Mrs. Beaver
- Eustace learn to shoot a bow and arrow while voyaging on what boat? The Dawn Treader
Further Up and Further In!!!